Friday, December 6, 2013

Literature Analysis #2

Book: Vampire Kisses

1. The book Vampire Kisses by Allen Schrieber is about a gothish girl that lives in a small town. Her name is Raven she's different compared to other people, Raven only has one friend named Becky. She's really obsessed with vampires, Theres a mansion in her town and she hears a rumor that vampires are living in it, at night she sneeks to the mansion to see who's living there, she finds out that a boy named Alexander and his butler live there since it used to be his grandmas. She talks to him and tries to figure out if he really is a vampire, the author doesn't really talk about him but her and Alexander end up falling in love really fast. I actually liked this book and I think it'd be better to read the second book so I can see what else goes on.

2. I think the theme is get to know someone before you do anything because you never know what can happen.

3. I got this book because the cover looked different than most books that i've read.

4. This book is realistic because of her and Alexander but then its not because of the whole vampire thing.

5. The tone of this book is romance
    “I'm going to dance" "With Becky?" "No, with Alexander" "Who's Alexander?" "The love of my life!"
    "I want a relationship I can finally sink my teeth into."
    "Call the school and tell them im lovesick."

6. 
Dramatic Irony
"He looked so lost, so soulful, so lonely. I wanted him to kiss me now. I wanted him to let me know I was his for all eternity."

Imagery
"You seem a lot like me," "You don't gawk at me like I'm a freak."

Idiom
"Go in and get us a shrunken head!"

No comments:

Post a Comment